Friday 27 March 2015

Spring is Query Season

Spring is busting out all over…and so are queries. It seems I am not alone in my quest to create the perfect query. Many of my writerly friends are working diligently on refining their letters to agents. It is important to read a variety of approaches, check out a good selection of agent preferences and then go at it, applying the sage advice and maintaining your own voice. No small task.

In an effort to support those on a similar journey, I have compiled a list of sites that I have read, or continue to follow, that contain support for the query writer. I hope it is helpful.

Happy spring. Don’t forget to stop and feel the season as you journey toward your own sun.


 And, if that is not enough, get lost in The Write Life’s links to The 100 Best Websites for Writers in 2015.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great list of links! The only problem will be turning off the internet and actually working. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! And Twitter? Oh, my, there's a time sucker. Fun one though. You need to join the B & W gang there. They will make you laugh and forget about all of the stress you are facing with such a big move.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rose,
    from now on I'll be a regular visitor of your blog once more. I had to take five exams, hand in one paper and did an internship in the last four weeks which was a lot of fun but also very tiring. I'm looking forward to catching up with your blog and keep my fingers crossed for your query!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! It's nice to "see" you. :0) I did notice your absence over at B & W and wondered how it was going. Hang in there. All of that hard work will pay off. As always, thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Rose! I just added it into my "Writing Aids: Queries" file. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good! I'm glad you find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete

A huge part of publishing a book is promotion. If researching a story is a rabbit hole, creating promo material is a black hole. There is an...